Azure Cloud Managed Services.
Focus on your business. BlueSilverShift will be your Microsoft partner ensuring that your cloud services are optimized and running properly.
Our Azure cloud managed services team provides 24 x 7 x 365 support to monitor, manage and maintain Azure environments. We have developed best practice IT Service Management capabilities combined with extensive automation that will ensure your systems are running at their best with an optimized operating cost, and are secured following industry best practices.
24 x 7 x 365 operational support for your organization’s Microsoft Azure services.
Continuous cost optimization to ensure you pay for what you really need and nothing more.
A comprehensive approach to cloud security and risk management aligned with your organization’s policies.
Peace of mind to ensure critical systems can be recovered in the event of a disaster.
Fully Managed Azure
BlueSilverShift provides 24 x 7 x 365 managed Azure services to ensure your applications are working as intended. Our industry leading cloud support team is accountable for all operational aspects including monitoring, alerting and responding to events, incidents and support requests around the clock. In addition, a unique offering that we provide is cost monitoring and containment for cloud resources that can grow over time if they aren’t managed effectively.
By engaging the BlueSilverShift cloud support team, our clients get the following services for a single monthly fee:
- 24 x 7 x 365 telephone and email support, with incident response SLA
- Full support of the cloud virtual infrastructure
- Escalation of issues to Microsoft as required
- Backup and virtual machine snapshot monitoring
- Capacity management and monitoring, including recommendations to improve performance and reduce costs over time
- VM configuration and management
- Operating system patching on a monthly basis during scheduled maintenance windows
- Log management and monitoring
- Azure billing reporting available through a dedicated customer portal
- Maintenance of cloud resources and established governance
- Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware protection using approved VM extension applications
- Provisions for Disaster Recovery including regular testing
- Azure Firewall Security and Network segregation
- Quarterly Security Assessments and recommendations
One of the great things about Azure is that you can very quickly spin up and tear down services for experimentation. The problem with this flexibility is that it’s almost too easy for people to spin up resources and then forget to shutdown or delete them when finished with them. This can lead to resource sprawl and increasing costs over time when you’re unknowingly paying for compute, storage and other resources that are sitting idle or no longer needed.
This is a common problem that we find with our clients and as a result we have developed some proprietary cost optimization tools that enable the ongoing, real-time monitoring of your costs and resources.
We can also provide ongoing cost optimization with our cloud managed services. With this service, we monitor your resource utilization over time and review it with you on a regular basis to highlight areas where you can save money. Examples might include over provisioned compute resources that are under-utilized during off hours, or too many resources for a service that can be accomplished with fewer or lower cost resource sizes. Then, leveraging automation and other tools, we will right size your cloud environment to maximize the return on your investment.
Managed Cloud Security
Cloud and security are often discussed together, and some people still believe that they are mutually exclusive. In fact, the opposite is true. If architected and operationalized correctly, your systems in the public cloud will be more secure than they could be behind your firewall in an on premises data center. Microsoft has made significant investments in securing the physical and virtual infrastructure within Azure and there are tools within the Azure platform and the Azure Marketplace that can enable a layered, comprehensive security posture for your cloud environment. Tools like Microsoft’s Azure Security Center, Key Vault, DDoS protection and many others can meet the security needs of any organization if the architecture is implemented and managed properly.
BlueSilverShift can provide managed cloud security as one of its managed services offerings. Included in this service are:
- Monitoring and alerting on security threats
- Virtual machines
- Other Azure resources
- Threat response and mitigation
- Anti-virus and anti-malware
- Host and network-based intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Develop automated playbooks to respond in the event of specific known and unknown threats
- Regular security assessments and penetration testing
As an additional value-added service for our customers, we have the capability to provide comprehensive disaster recovery for your on premises, third party hosted and cloud hosted systems. Microsoft Azure is a perfect use case for your disaster recovery environment because it can be located in an entirely different geographical region, and its pay per use nature makes it extremely cost effective. Leverage what Microsoft has already built to provide the offsite backup and disaster recovery that your business demands. We can provide a variety of solutions including Azure Site Recovery and Veeam Availability Suite that can meet a variety of RTO and RPO business requirements.
This managed service provides the following capabilities:
- Real-time replication of systems and applications to the cloud
- Fail-over in the event of failures or a disaster declaration
- Regular fail-over tests to validate DR procedures
- Disaster recovery health checks