Location: Vancouver, B.C.
About the Job
The Tier 1 Cloud Helpdesk Support Technician role is a full-time employee position for someone who wants to join our team of 40+ consultants and be exposed to everything from public cloud infrastructure (IaaS) and platform (PaaS) to DevOps and anything that Azure has to offer now or in the future.
We are seeking individuals who are looking for opportunities to learn new things and build on the knowledge that they have built in supporting on premises systems. Are you a curious individual, willing and interested in learning new ways of doing the same old things? Do you look at a problem and figure out how you can tackle the problem with a script that you write once rather than manually doing the same task multiple times over? Are you focused on delivery of tasks that are handed to you and have a passion for customer success? Do you want to work with a team of people who are the best in their field? How about a company that is willing to invest in you and allow you to grow as an individual?
If that all sounds amazing, then we definitely want to talk to you. Maybe you don’t have expertise in the cloud, but you are willing to learn and do what it takes to make that step to the next level of your career. The cloud is here to stay, so don’t be left behind doing things the same way we’ve been doing IT for the last 20 years. Now is the time for change and BlueSilverShift is leading that change.
- Work as a member of the team that is our first line of support for external customers
- Daily management of helpdesk tickets and level 1 support requests
- Remote and onsite support when required
- Maintain documentation of support and infrastructure
- Manage recommendation and obtain approvals for procurement of IT equipment and software
- Setup and installation of new systems and IT equipment
- Work under the direction of the Service Delivery Director
- 3 years of experience in an IT support role
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Work with different clients and understanding their needs
- Set clear expectations and define key performance indicators for self
- Work within a team environment providing insight when appropriate
- Understand and comply with change, incident and problem management processes
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and MS Office, Office 365 would be an asset
- An understanding of network topologies and protocols (including firewalls, routers, switches, etc)
- Understanding of remote management tools and techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of mobile platforms
- Some knowledge of Microsoft windows server platform
- Some knowledge and willingness to learn about cloud computing (Azure)
- Superior customer service experience, technical support and IT field support or related education is required
You must be comfortable talking to people and have the ability to get in front of a client and talk knowledgably about technical topics to help the customer resolve their issues. If you don’t know something, you should be the type of person who will do some research and quickly mock something up in the lab to expand your knowledge.
Come join the company that is helping to make the cloud dream a reality for Western Canada’s biggest companies.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.